Rubber stamping, scrapbooking, card-making and other paper crafts

October 28, 2008

BLOG AWARD

I was tagged today. This means someone gives me a Blog Award because they liked something about my blog... either a project that I've made, or something I've written about, or just the overall design or theme, etc. I received this award from Nancy Riley at here . Thanks Nancy! Then I need to name a new recipient for this Award and link their blog to mine. It's fun! Let's try it. I am supposed to place a fall picture here on my blog, because that's the theme of this award. But I don't seem to be able to do that part... hehe Instead, I'll just show you a Thanksgiving card that I made last week. Will that work for you?
Here is a close-up of the turkey, which is made using double-sided Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up! I punched 3 scalloped circles, then folded them each in half. After folding the circle in half, you un-fold it. Leave 5 scallops at the top of the circle, fold each side IN-ward to meet the center-fold line, then fold the remaining part of the piece OUT-ward to resemble the feathers shown here. I've seen some of these turkeys made using card stock. Because the card stock is heavier, the feathers seem to be more "poofy". But I like the double-sided paper because you can see both patterns when you fold it in and then out. Does this make any sense? I think you can figure out from the photo the punches that were used to create the rest of the turkey. If you need more help, just let me know.



I would like to pass this award on to Kim and you can see her blog here. She just started blogging, but her work is clean, creative and UBER cute! Remember I told you that I participated in a Swap at my Group Meeting this past Saturday? Well, here's the card that Kim made for the swap. See what I mean? Very clean and simple, but sooooo nice! Keep up the good work, Kim!





One last thing to show you before I leave. My friend Jill came over last week and showed me how to make these cute little candy holders for Halloween. Aren't they just ADORABLE? My grandchildren in NJ liked them lots, according to my oldest daughter, Kristie. But shhhhhh, my youngest daughter, Shannon, has two little boys and they're not getting their candy until they come over to trick-or-treat on Friday. So don't tell them about these, OK? It's a surprise! hehe
See you next time!
~Alice

7 comments:

Susan West said...

I absolutely love the turkey card. He's sooo cute!!! Thanks for sharing the blog.

Anonymous said...

I love the turkey as well, but I really love the little candy holders! - Charlinda

Michele said...

Hey Alice!

Great Blog! Love that turkey, really cute!!
Hugs,
Michele F.

Anonymous said...

too cute! and great info!
But I especially like the great close-up pic that let's me see the layers and 3-d effect.
You already know how much I liked the "frank and frankie" candy holders - hee hee! - Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice,

Love the candy bags. Absolutely darling - beyond words. Looking forward to seeing you soon!!!

Janet

Sandy said...

I love the turkey and agree with Amy that the close up allows us to appreciate the layers. And those adorable candy holders... You sure are talented MFOS!
YFYS

Anonymous said...

I love the turkey card....and the close up pictures of the details....
great job Alice!