Rubber stamping, scrapbooking, card-making and other paper crafts

December 11, 2009

Bridal Specialty Paper


I fell in love with this beautiful Bridal Specialty Designer Series Paper when I first discovered it in the new 2009-2010 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog last summer. I have worked before with the Groom Black on Black paper. But this Bridesmaid Very Vanilla was a special treat. I guess this could be a Christmas card, or maybe a Thank You card. I didn't put any wording on the front, and thought that would keep it open to be used for a variety of different purposes, depending on my need. The finished size is 4-1/4" square, which allows it to be enclosed in a medium Very Vanilla envelope. I used the Textured Impressions Elegant Bouquet and the Big Shot  to create the subtle embossing along the top and left edge of the card. Then the Nestabilities Labels One die was used to cut and emboss Kraft card stock. The next layer is a piece of the BridesMaid Very Vanilla Striped DSP. The only stamping is on the top layer and was stamped in VersaMark Watermark Ink using the largest snowflake from the Snow Swirled Stamp Set. I covered that with Heat & Stick Powder, heat set it briefly to make it sticky, than generously covered it with Dazzling Diamonds and heat set it briefly again. I love this technique when I want to create an entire snowflake with glitter. Since Versamark isn't glue, Dazzling Diamonds won't stick to it permanently. This very simple technique is one I only use rarely, but I love the final look.

I added the Pretties Kit hat pin with pearls and crystals, knowing that this card would probably be hand-delivered rather than mailed, due to its fragile nature. Thus I was able to top the focal image with a flat-back Very Vanilla pearl and a piece of Kraft Taffeta Ribbon.
I know this sounds like a lengthy process for what appears to be a rather simple card. But it really wasn't difficult at all. Contact me if you would like to purchase the supplies to re-create this beauty yourself. Would you like some help pulling it all together? Beginning in the New Year, I will be "renting" out time in my art studio. For just $20 for the first two hours, and $10 for each hour after that, you can use all of my stamp sets, ink pads, punches and other tools and I will help you design your own cards, scrapbook pages or other projects. You will only need to bring your own paper and adhesives. This way you will have my supplies and my skills working for Y-O-U!  Time is limited and will go fast, so contact me SOON to reserve your spot.

~~Alice



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an exquisite card. It is graceful, sparkly, elegant. A true beauty.....like you. YFYS xoxoxo