Rubber stamping, scrapbooking, card-making and other paper crafts

September 11, 2009

MEDALLION BACKGROUND STAMP

"MEDALLION" (Item #115223 $17.95) is currently my favorite stamp set. It's also currently the #1 best selling stamp set at Stampin' Up!. A customer and very dear friend of mine, Susan, purchased this a couple of months ago. I sort of hinted to her that it would be very cool if I could try out this stamp before I gave her the package of goodies she had ordered. She very graciously offered this and any other stamps she owns! Can you believe that? WOW! THANK YOU, SUSAN!!! You're AWESOME!
Well, I had LOTS of fun with this one. In this first sample I used Very Vanilla Textured Card Stock and a technique called "STAMPIN' OFF" to get the distressed, faded image of the Medallion shown here. I would be happy to show you and some of your friends exactly how to replicate this technique at a Girls' Night Out at your home or mine. You bring the friends and I'll bring the stamps! Together, we'll have lots of fun making projects designed especially for you.
I loved this color combination of the new In-Colors Soft Suede and Melon Mambo so much that I used it on this next card also. The MEDALLION was again stamped off -- this time onto Very Vanilla Textured Card Stock. The central image is from the Level 1 Hostess Set, Of the Earth. Markers were used to color directly onto the stamp, which were then re-moistened using the "huffing technique" before stamping onto Very Vanilla card stock which was punched out with a 1-3/8" Circle Punch. This circle was then mounted on a Soft Suede Scalloped Circle Punch and placed into the center of the Medallion stamp using Stampin' Dimensionals. Would you like to learn more about the "huffing technique"? Would you like to have this Of the Earth set in your own private stamp collection? The only way you can is to invite me to meet with you and your friends for a Girls' Night Out at my home or yours.
Here is yet another MEDALLION card. Are you tired of seeing them yet? I'm not tired of making them! hehe This was one of the cards from last month's Card Class. We used the "stampin' off" technique to create the flowering focal image using another stamp from the Level 1 Hostess Set, Of the Earth. Isn't this a pretty set?
Well, I still have more samples to show you, but I think this should suffice for a little while. Thank you again, Susan, for your generosity! I thoroughly enjoyed using this set -- as I think is obvious here, don't you?
~Alice

2 comments:

Whitney Richardson said...

Alice:

I really like the color combo and layouts on these. Very pretty. I am gonna have to break down and get the medallion stamp.But a girl has to pace herself! LOL!
I miss ya!
xxxooo
Your downline sistah!
Whit

Anonymous said...

Oooh - I especially like the "Thinking of You" card.

thanks for the posts!
Neighbor Amy