Rubber stamping, scrapbooking, card-making and other paper crafts

April 25, 2008

Pocket Card

This is a pocket card I made using the Level 2 Spring Solitude Hostess Bundle. The card is Wild Wasabi textured card stock with the Polka Dot background stamp in Wild Wasabi ink. I read on Dannie Graves' blog that she liked to use this background when the card "needed something", but she couldn't figure out what. She said to just stamp the background using the same color ink as the card stock, and VOILA! Emptiness solved! Dannie has lots of GREAT ideas, and you can check out her blog here.

http://danniesdesigns.typepad.com/my_weblog/




I used a little bit of the Afternoon Tea DSP with a corner rounder punch, and closed the pocket by tying Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon around the card. The Solitude Roller Wheel was inked with Groovy Guava by rolling the wheel directly on the stamp pad, rather than using an ink cartridge. I find this works very well if I'm doing a small amount of wheeling. If I want to make an entire card front background with a wheel, or if I'm inking wrapping paper, then I would definitely want to use a cartridge. The tree limb was colored with Close to Cocoa and Garden Green markers, and the little bird was stamped with Soft Sky on Soft Sky cardstock, and then cut out with an x-acto blade and popped up on a dimensional. This card was actually pretty easy and quick to complete. Why don't you try it and see for yourself?!
~Alice

No comments: