Rubber stamping, scrapbooking, card-making and other paper crafts

August 24, 2009

Princess Madelyn's Dance Recital


This post was created mainly for my baby sister, Sandy, who listened to me for over a month as I created this labor of love. But I thought some of you might be interested in seeing one of my "non-Stampin' Up!" projects, too.



This is a special gift that I made for my granddaughter, Madelyn, for her second dance recital this past June. This board book came shaped like a purse in plain white chipboard. I added the patterned paper (purple, of course! DUH!), the embellishments, and the photos. This cover shot features a Princess Tiara that flashes with mini lights and the fabric covered heart-button that served as the closure for the book.

I have a new posting program on my blog which is causing me all kinds of problems placing the photos. Please forgive the awkward spacing while I learn how to manipulate this new program. Isn't Madelyn adorable?!?!?


Madelyn is taking dance lessons from Mary Beth Snow at The Dance Place in Ocean City, NJ. Her mother, my oldest daughter, Kristie, studied dance at the same studio under Miss Mary for 12 years while she was growing up in Ocean City. Isn't that cool?


I had to keep the embellishments to a minimum so that the book wouldn't get so thick it wouldn't close! I used mostly shear ribbons around the handles and patterned paper punched into flower shapes. The journaling is printed by hand along the handles. I thought that gave it a nice personal touch that Madelyn can save and treasure for years to come.
The outside back cover of the book has a photo of Madelyn and her adoring Mimi cut out with a heart-shaped punch and a stamp saying "Created for you by Mimi 2009."
~Alice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog put tears in my eyes. I think the scrapbook is too sweet for words. Thanks for sharing it with the world my most talented older sister. xoxoxox

Dragonfly Lady said...

What a wonderful treat for Madelyn, it looks beautiful : )