Rubber stamping, scrapbooking, card-making and other paper crafts

August 2, 2009

This is my grandson, Zion. As you may see from the photo, he recently lost another tooth. This is a very exciting event in the life of a young boy, so I made him this card to let him know how proud of him I am, and that I love him.

I used the new In-Colors Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo, and I just love how the two interact to create a bold, bright card. I used the new stamp set ANIMAL STORIES, which I also used on a double page spread for my Scrapbook Class about a trip to the zoo (more on that later, I promise!). Can you see the texture on the white background paper? It was created using a Cuttlebug folder called TEXTILE, and I just LOVE the pattern. Zion preferred touching it, hehe. He said it was OK to have pink on his card, since pink is Mimi's favorite color. (That's me. I'm Mimi.) Finishing off the special card made just for Zion is a touch of the matching polka dot ribbon available in all of the In-Colors.

I'd also like to show you a card I C.A.S.E.d from Dawn Griffith's blog here. I just couldn't resist the adorable ladybug she created by gluing 3 scalloped circles together. I had a small piece of retired Rockabilly Specialty DSP, and used that as a background for the featured image. What do you think? Dawn is another Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and I subscribe to her blog. Every day -- and I DO mean EVERY day -- she adds another awesome idea for a card or project she has created to her blog. Go check out her blog here. Dawn has no idea who I am, but we share ideas and procedures with each other through our blogs. That is what a fantastic company Stampin' Up! is! Read my last post for more information on how YOU can join the Stampin' Up! family, too!










~ Alice

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey I'm very impressed with all the work that you do as an artist, as a wife and as a "Mimi." Thanks for sharing this latest posting with me!!
I love you
xoxo

Shannon said...

good job keeping up on your blog zi looks cute when are u posting scrapbooking pages?

Anonymous said...

What a great pic to be greeted with on you blog. Zion is too cute and I love the card you made for him. I bet he did like running his fingertips over the bumps.
I would have stayed away from the polka dots on the background thinking there were too many polka dots on your ladybug card. But I just learned it works. Thanks for your tips. xoxox YFYS