Rubber stamping, scrapbooking, card-making and other paper crafts

November 19, 2008

GypsyCrafter is moving on...

A few of the demonstrators with our Hawaii Ink group got together last week to say goodbye to our dear friend Kim (see her blog here), who is moving with her family to northern Florida. They are military, so I think they know how to go through moves better than us "normal" people. I mean... that's not to say that military people are not "normal"... I mean... ummmmm... well... you know what I'm trying to say, don't you? Military wives seem to know how to make friends easily and quickly, maybe because they know they don't have much time to get acquainted and settled in, and then it's time to pack up and move again.

<-- Whitney looks on as Kim opens the beautiful journal/scrapbook tin that she made for her "dear kind and wonderful friend" using the ALL HOLIDAYS stamp set, a DVD tin, and silver embossing powder. Only Whitney can create miracles with a few tools and accessories as gorgeous as this keepsake! You can go see Whitney's blog here.


Here Kim holds up the notepad holder that Lisa C. made for her using an On Board Clipboard. Hmmmm, maybe I should consider moving so that I can receive all these awesome Stampin' Up! gifts!?!?




























And here is the card I made for Kim. It's really an ornament attached to a card front. On the back of the ornament there is a frame for a small photo to be inserted, thus creating not just a decoration, but a cherished memory. I can't take credit for the Origami tree. I found that on one of the gazillion blogs I peruse every day, but can't remember who to give the credit to. Sorry! When I remember, I will update here so you can all go get the directions from the original artist. I used some retired DSP to pull this all together, and slid it into place on the card front using the slit punch. Cute??










I know Kim, her DH (<-- that's Darling Husband for those of you new to blog-language),Paco, and their two daughters are excited about moving to a new place, with a new home and new friends. Kim will be in an area where there are no other Stampin' Up! demonstrators. That is... for now! Once she gets settled, Kim will be teaching classes, techniques and the love of card-making to all who want to learn. Then she'll have an entire downline of her own to nurture and instruct. Good luck, Kim. We'll miss you, but we know you'll keep in touch. Right? Good friends are never really gone, just re-located.


~Alice








No comments: