Rubber stamping, scrapbooking, card-making and other paper crafts

November 30, 2008

SNOWFLAKE CARD

This is one of the cards we made at the Christmas Card Stamp-A-Stack held a few weekends ago. I have some pieces left over, so I decided to go ahead and make them up into cards. But I changed each one a little, so that each looked unique. It was lots of fun!

This first card uses one of the new Filigree Brads on top of the snowflake image from Stampin' Up!'s SNOW SWIRLED stamp set, along with some Rhinestone Brads in the centers of some of the Big Felt Flurries snowflakes. The Designer Series Paper (DSP) strip is from the Ski Slope collection in the Holiday Mini Catalog. The words are also from the SNOW SWIRLED stamp set.




All of the cards shown here use the same stamp set and DSP. The images are all on Whisper White cardstock which was mounted onto Sahara Sand card background. The card below also uses some of the pearls from the Pretties Kit in the Spring/Summer 2008 Idea Book & Catalog.





I think this last card is my favorite. I used the new Sizzix Sizzlits 4-pack die, SNOWFLAKES SET #2. Although I do not have the Sizzix Big Shot, it was easy to punch out the snowflake using my Cuttlebug Die Cutter.

This close-up below shows a bit better the Sizzix die cut snowflake punched out of Vellum Card Stock, covered with glue and then Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I firmly believe that a little glitter and bling makes any card more appealing, don't you? :-)





It's not too late to order the supplies you need to make your own Christmas cards to send to loved ones this year. Just contact me and I will help you pick a design (or two!) from the samples you have seen here on my blog -- or we can plan your own unique card design. Then we'll just fill out an order together, or you can go to my website here and place the order yourself, any time of the day... 24/7. Expedited delivery is available as we get closer to Christmas, but I would recommend placing your order by December 10 to assure timely delivery.

There are only 25 days left 'til Christmas!!

~ Alice

No comments: