Rubber stamping, scrapbooking, card-making and other paper crafts

November 30, 2008

THANKSGIVING HIGHLIGHTS

I spent Thanksgiving with my Darling Daughter (DD), Shannon, and her family. DH Larry had to work, but managed to snitch a few hors d-oeuvres before he headed off to work. I just wanted to share a few family photos with you to show what I am very thankful for.

This first is Shannon and her youngest son, Declan, who is 18 months old now, and happily running around and getting into absolutely everything that isn't nailed down... and even some things that ARE nailed down! hehe



















This second photo is DD's oldest son, Zion, and his Mimi (that's what they call me. I love being a grandmother!!!)














I spent the night at Shannon's house so that we could wake up early (3:00AM! Yes, I said 3:00 AM!!) for our traditional Black Friday shopping excursion. Here is a picture of my van at the end of almost 12 hours of shopping!! The back seat was filled, as was the rest of the back of the van. There were presents from floor to ceiling. I also had a Christmas CD blasting out the holiday tunes, to help us stay awake and get in the "Holiday Spirit"!!! hehe













The day ended with a very exciting and truly memorable event... Zion lost his first tooth!! It's a little difficult, but can you see the space in the center of his bottom jaw? The Tooth Fairy came for a visit while we were all sleeping... and Zion was one very happy little 4-year old!!




I made this little tin for Zion a few weeks ago when his tooth first started feeling loose. I used the "fairy" from the stamp set "IF THE HALO FITS". OK... OK... I know she's not really a fairy. But I don't think Zion noticed at all. And the tin is just the perfect size to hold a tiny tooth and slide under a pillow to wait for a visit from the Tooth Fairy, don't you think?




Did you notice I used the new Curly Label Punch to create a label for the words? It sticks up JUST high enough to be seen, but not high enough to get caught up on anything. If you would like to order one of these tins for your child (or grandchild... or Godchild), just contact me and I would be happy to make one special for you!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones!!
~ Alice

5 comments:

Unknown said...

very sweet pictures! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your family!

Ann

Anonymous said...

Alice,
You didn't tell me Zion lost his tooth. What a great Thanksgiving memory. I love the family pics and appreciate you sharing them with us. I believe I would like to make a tooth tin for Grayson. He won't be ready quite yet but what a clever idea. I love you sweetie. YFYS

Anonymous said...

Great pictures....looks like you had a great Thanksgiving and did some remarkable shopping. Shannon told me about the tooth fairy box you made in no time.....it is so cute!!! Thanks for dropping off my order...loved the bag of goodies too....you did at great job with the bag.
Thank you!
Shelley

Anonymous said...

v[s0jvsdfvpo

Anonymous said...

Great pics! too cute

I've been having fun with my "Shell-e-brate" stamp set and watercolors. Hopefully I'll actually get a few cards *sent* soon - LOL!

- Amy H.