Rubber stamping, scrapbooking, card-making and other paper crafts

November 12, 2008

Hello everyone. Sorry it's been over a week since I've updated. I really am trying so hard to update more regularly! But I went out of state to a family wedding last weekend, and have been super busy getting ready for my upcoming Christmas Card Stamp-A-Stack this Saturday, Nov. 15. I don't want to show you anything we will be making -- it's a surprise!! :-)

But... I do have some cards for you. Don't you just love it when Christmas season rolls around and we make special cards to send to everyone we know? I know it's not really reasonable, but sometimes I want to make a unique card exclusively for each and every person I send cards to. I want them to know how very precious they are to me.

This card was designed with Thanksgiving in mind, but can be used for a "Thank You" card any time of the year. Can you see that I stamped the small single flower from EASTERN BLOOMS using VersaMark in the background? I love this technique of making a subtle, repetitive image to produce your own patterned background paper.



Can you see the shiny brown ink used for the words and filigree image above and below? I used Chocolate Chip Craft Ink to stamp, then covered it with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set it using my Heat Gun. It takes a few extra steps, but I think the result is worth the extra time, don't you?













OK... moving right along. We have another Thanksgiving/Thank You card. I used some of the Kraft Patterned Paper you can choose as a Hostess Reward with any qualifying workshop. Just contact me to schedule your own personal workshop, or Girls Night Out, to see how you can earn this paper packet or a stamp set for FREE!













The close-up shows the leaves which were created using WATERCOLOR WONDER CRAYONS. I colored directly onto the stamp, spritzed it with a very small amount of water, and stamped onto Watercolor Paper. I cut out each leaf and placed them with Stampin' Dimensionals on one of the stamps from CUTE AND CURLY, then punched it out using the corresponding CURLY LABEL PUNCH. I tied everything up with a little touch of NATURAL HEMP and had a few Thanksgiving cards to send to friends and family. Thanks for looking. Keep checking back for samples from my Christmas event this weekend. I think you'll be pleased at the new ideas you'll see!
~ Alice

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! Can't wait till Saturday.

Charlinda

Unknown said...

very pretty cards!
Ann

Anonymous said...

Alice, these are gorgeous...can't decide which one I like best. I can't wait to see what you have planned for the Christmas Cards!
Shelley

Sandy said...

I cannot really get all of the embellishment you used from the pics but appreciate those I can see. I especially like how you use so much variety such as mixing patterns, using the little hemp to tie then together, and the 3-D. I wish I could be there on Saturday. :-( But I get you all to myself sometimes so I know I am special. I love you MFOS. Sandy